Link to cool stuff:
Episode 46 is the first episode of season 2! We celebrate with Wimer Alberto, currently serving as the Senior Coordinator of Occupancy Management and Housing Operations at Arizona State University, but will soon be transitioning to Assistant Director for Guest and Conference Services. Because of his new role, we talk about the impact of conferences and other resources on campus, which universities are now beginning to take advantage of. With the recent Star Wars movie release, Lougan nerds out (a lot) especially because Jackie has finally seen a Star Wars movie! We close the show by talking about how our own studies shaped the way we view ourselves on our campuses, as well as Wimer’s post-graduate dreams.
Links to cool stuff:
- Article: Four tough things columnists should do before writing about universities
- Star Wars on the Belmont Bell Tower Carillon
- Lougan on News 2 (about the Carillon)
- Professional Reputations Aside Podcast
Can you believe it? We actually made it through one whole year of podcasting! In this mini episode, we relive some of our favorite moments of 2015. There’s even a discussion of where we want to go with year two of the show. Thanks so much to all of our guests this year, and most of all, thanks to all our listeners for sticking around each week!
Links to cool episodes:
- Episode 1: Todd Sanders & The Attack of the Cats
- Episode 11: Dave Cameron & The Chocolate Factory
- Episode 16: Amma Marfo & The Ukulele
- Episode 17: Ryan Hogan, Keith Warburg & The Best Bathroom
- Episode 18: Ryan Hogan, Keith Warburg & The Purple Eye
- Episode 22: Sue Caulfield, Carly Masiroff & The Reddit of Podcasts
- Episode 25: Lacy Paschal, Seven Cats & Two Babies
- Episode 32: Tom Southard & The Nuns
- Episode 33: Luke Haumesser & The Beepy Thing
- Episode 39: Lisa Catto, Chris Barrows & The Bass Pro Pyramid
Episode 45 is with Brian Proffer, Assistant Manager for University Activities Board at Michigan State University. We start by chatting about the thing that’s most important in life – binge-watching television shows on Netflix. Brian is watching, and tweeting about his journey through the Friends series. At MSU, Brian works with students to fundraise for a programming budget; a unique challenge considering no student fees are allocated to campus programming. Brian shares the successful events on campus that act as fundraisers, and some just for fun! We give a shoutout (a few of them) to Alaina Wiens, reminding us how small the field of higher education really is. We wrap the show with a discussion about something else that’s really important to life: bacon, breakfast and…Amazon Prime Now.
Links to cool stuff: